Dogs repeat behaviors that are rewarded. MannersMinder (formerly called the Treat & Train) is a remote-controlled reward system that uses positive reinforcement for training dogs to behave at home and perform better in competition. By rewarding desired behaviors, the system can be an invaluable tool in helping redirect a dog's focus away from barking at the door, jumping on guests, and begging at the table. The MannersMinder system can also be used to train behaviors ranging from a down-stay to coming when called as well as specialty skills such as contact performances in agility, go to "place," and go-outs and other distance work.
Your MannersMinder training system will contain
- Hand-held remote control that can operate on 4 channels and that emits a signal capable of traveling through walls up to 100 feet. The remote runs on a 23A-12V battery, which is included.
- Food-dispensing base unit with 2 inter-changeable kibble disks for different sizes of food or treats. The base unit weighs just over 3.3 lbs. and is 13.6"L x 8.8"W x 7.5"H. 4 "D" batteries (NOT included) are required for operation and will last for approximately 6 months of training.
- Extendable target wand with removable base
- Detailed instruction guide (download a PDF of the user guide from the Files tab on the left)
- Comprehensive training DVD
The system is guaranteed for 1 year against manufacturer defects, and replacement parts can be purchased from the manufacturer.
The MannersMinder was developed by Dr. Sophia Yin and there is lots of information about it on her website, including why it works, how it works, what you can use it for, what foods work best in it, and testimonials and reviews. There's also a Yahoo group for exchanging MannersMinder training ideas.
Note: Because of its weight, this item is excluded from any storewide free shipping offers.