How the Cool Coat Fits: The Cool Coat goes over the dog's head and buckles in front of the chest. It has a separate adjustable belly band that is secured around your dog's girth with Velcro attachments.
How to Measure Your Dog: Be sure that your dog is standing squarely, with head up, and is looking straight ahead. Following the contour of the dog's back closely, measure from the base of his neck (the point where the neck joins the body) to the base of his tail (the point where the tail joins the body).
Round up or down to the next even number of inches, taking tail carriage into consideration—for dogs with very high tail carriage, choose the next smaller size. If you are uncertain, call or email us for assistance.
Most dogs fit in the standard coat without a problem. If, however, you have a dog with a very deep or narrow chest, then we also suggest measuring his girth so that we can give you a custom belly band for the coat. To do this, measure around the dog’s rib cage directly behind his front legs and over the withers.
If the dog's girth measurement is larger than what's indicated in the chart below for his correct Cool Coat size, then please enter his girth size when you order this item. We will send you a belly band based on that information.
- Size 8 fits girth sizes 18-19"
- Size 10 fits girth sizes 19-20"
- Size 12 fits girth sizes 20-22"
- Size 14 fits girth sizes 22-24"
- Size 16 fits girth sizes 22-26"
- Size 18 fits girth sizes 24-26"
- Size 20 fits girth sizes 26-28"
- Size 22 fits girth sizes 28-30"
- Size 24 fits girth sizes 30-34"
- Size 26 fits girth sizes 32-36"
- Size 28 fits girth sizes 34-38"
- Size 30 fits girth sizes 36-40"
- Size 32 fits girth sizes 40-42"
- Size 34 fits girth sizes 44-46"
- Size 36 fits girth sizes 48-50"
- Size 38 fits girth sizes 50-52"