There's no faster and easier way to replace your current dogwalk surface (or to create a surface for a new dogwalk that you're building) than with Max 200's complete contact replacement surfaces. These pre-cut panels come fully rubberized in your choice of colors and are ideal for replacing wood. The rubberized panels are ready for you to install as soon as they are unpacked; just attach them to your existing dogwalk framework using the supplied self-tapping screws. You'll even receive extra rubber granules that you can use to cover the screw heads when you're done.
This rubber surfacing conforms to AAC, AKC, ASCA, CPE, NADAC, UKI, and USDAA regulations. The rubber is very stable in all kinds of weather, and there is no shedding of granules. In fact, the granules are bound together so well that you can clean the surface by scrubbing it with a brush or power washing it.
Materials Available for Rubberized Panels
You have a choice of materials for the rubberized panels:
- Alumaskin: A 1/8"-thick aluminum composite made from 2 sheets of 4mm aluminum that are laminated to each side of a polyethylene core. Alumaskin panels are 40% lighter than wood. You can choose this option if your dogwalk framework has sufficient vertical and horizontal supports. For example, if your plank framework has 3 vertical supports that run the length of the frame plus horizontal crosspieces, then the Alumaskin panels will work. Likewise, if your framework has a continuous flat metal surface on the top, these panels will work.
- Plastaskin: A dense plastic that is equivalent in weight and thickness to plywood but will never rot. Select this option if your dogwalk framework does not have vertical supports or if it has minimal supports. In this case it is necessary to use the denser material in order to supply rigidity to the planks and prevent them from bending.
If you have any questions about which material to choose, please email a photo of your dogwalk frame to customer service so that we can advise you.
- These replacement surfaces are designed for standard dogwalk planks that are 12" wide and either 8' or 12' long, but please carefully measure the length and width of the structural framework for your dogwalk planks before ordering so that we can cut the panels to fit your dogwalk if necessary. There is no extra charge for trimming.
- For 12'-long dogwalk planks, you will get 6 modular panels that are 12" wide and 6' long, so the contact surface will be 12' long when installed on each plank frame. Each panel weighs 11.6 lbs.
- For 8'-long dogwalk planks, you will get 3 modular panels that are 12" wide and 8' long. Each panel weighs 25 lbs.
- The panels for the up and down dogwalk ramps can be made with or without rubber slats.
- The contact zones can be 36" or 42" long.
- The contact zones will be made with yellow rubber pellets.
Note: The rubber surface on these panels is made using only premium TPV rubber granules which are specifically designed for use as indoor and outdoor sports and play surfaces where safety, slip-resistance, flexibility underfoot, color-fastness, and UV-resiliency are critical. Not only does the color last for longer, but the granules do not harden over time because of the innovative technology used in the manufacturing process to ensure material stability. Plus they’re rigorously tested to meet internationally accepted standards. So don’t settle for EPDM alternatives or TPV imposters.
Important Shipping Notes: Dogwalk Rubberized Panels are shipped directly from the manufacturer in New York via UPS. This item cannot be expedited or shipped by other carriers, and it cannot be shipped outside the U.S. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.