With a new and improved formula for 2017, K9 Power Go Dog is more than just water and carbs, and it’s not a human sports drink reconfigured for dogs. It’s a nutritional hydration supplement designed specifically for a dog’s metabolism and features a proprietary blend of electrolytes, short-burst and long-range energy fuels, plus vital buffering agents. These buffers help neutralize performance-robbing metabolic acid (H+) buildup.
The explosive muscular power that propels your dog into the air after a Frisbee or over an agility obstacle comes at a cost—heat. The more power generated, the more heat produced this heat builds up and limits performance. There's never been much you could do, but surrender to the endothermic (heat generating) effect until now!
Nothing does more to hydrate and keep your dog in the performance safety zone than Go Dog. Dogs operate within a narrow core temperature range. Their power zone is 100-104°F. Your dog’s performance declines above this range and heat stroke becomes a real danger. Using Go Dog will help re-hydrate and maximize performance within your dog’s power zone.
Improve energy efficiency in slow- and fast-twitch muscle fibers and maintain higher output longer. Go Dog's rapid- and slow-release fuels help generate high muscle ATP, which can lead to a boost in performance. Enhanced lactic acid and ammonia clearance help promote healthy endurance.
- Delicious real meat flavor dogs love
- Enhances exercise tolerance
- Helps support hydration levels
- Helps muscle function and fluid balance
- Promotes proper glucose metabolism
- Supports performance and endurance
- Supports normal cardiovascular, immune, and neurological function
- Supports electrolyte balance
- Helps maintain normal fluid balance in the blood and tissues
- Supports normal recovery time after strenuous activity
- Helps replace fluid lost through excess salivation
- Supports energy production.
- A clean energy source; no sugar rush and no crash.
Made in the USA.
- 1 lb. container contains 22 servings.
- 2 lb. container contains 44 servings.
Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Chicken, Coconut oil (Medium Chain Triglyceride), Chicken fat, Agave nectar, Rice Concentrate, Calcium lactate, Magnesium citrate, Protein Free Beef Tallow, Salt, Potassium chloride, L-Threonine*, Creatine*, Acetyl L-Carnitine*, L-Lysine HCL*, L-Glutamine*, L-Leucine*, Taurine, Alpha Lipoic Acid*, L-Tryptophan*, Quercetin*, L-Alanine*, Glycerol, Sodium citrate, Potassium Citrate.
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
1 scoop, 48 cc = 3.5 Tablespoons
Kcal ME/scoop = 80
Place recommended number of scoops into a standard 21 oz. water bottle. Fill with clean water and shake well.
Feed small amounts of Go Dog before and during any exercise or activity. Continue to use for 30 minutes after as required. Repeat above as necessary to meet dog’s needs.
Daily Serving Size (Scoops)
|5 - 20 lbs.
|21 - 50 lbs.
|51 - 80 lbs.
|81 - 100 lbs.
|Over 100 lbs.
K9 Power employed a top animal nutrition specialist, Dr. George Fahey, to review their formulations and come up with key recommendations to improve their product line.
So what's changed in this new improved formula?
- Taste, look, and smell: The updated Go Dog formula is much smoother in texture than the old formula. While the colors are both off-white, the new formula has a slightly yellower tint. The flavor of the new formula is less sweet than the old and much more savory.
- K9 Power created a balanced formula of electrolyte and calcium replacement elements based on canine requirements. Magnesium, sodium, potassium and calcium levels are optimized for proper absorption during and after exercise.
- K9 Power adjusted the lipid ratios by adding medium chain triglycerides (coconut oil). During and after hard training, it will help store glycogen better (insulin sensitivity) and serve as an energy source to discourage muscle wasting and fatigue.
- K9 Power upped the flavor quotient with more real chicken and beef flavor.
- K9 Power added Quercetin. When stress levels are high and ongoing, cortisol can damage muscle tissue, leading to protein breakdown in the body. Quercetin can fight these effects during times of extended stress as it suppresses the enzyme necessary for cortisol release.
- K9 Power updated key amino acid contributions adding L-Threonine, to help maintain the proper protein balance in the body, and L-Tryptophan, to improve athletic performance.
- Finally, K9 Power replaced Silicon Dioxide with Rice Concentrate as a flowing agent to reduce clumping. Rice concentrate is made from rice hulls and provides a new all-natural solution for this function.