This high-quality I'd Rather Be Walking My Dog magnet will stay firmly in place on any steel surface, indoors or out. Vinyl surface with UV coating on a .25 mil thick magnetic stock makes this a very durable magnet. Size is 5.5"W x 5.5"H.
Made in the USA.
Preparing Magnetic-Receptive Surfaces
- Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured (hardened).*
- Clean the metallic surface and the magnet with mild detergent.
- Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry.
*Approximate curing times: paint 90 days; clear coat 60 days; wax 2 days.
Applying Flexible Magnets
- If possible, affix to smooth, flat or gently curved metallic surfaces.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface (i.e. no air pockets).
- If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and re-affix. Do not pull the magnet across the surface or it may stretch due to resistance caused by the high magnetic strength.
- Avoid use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods) or temperatures exceeding 150°F (66°C).
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
Cleaning Flexible Magnets
- To guard against moisture and dirt build-up between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at regular intervals. Clean both the magnet and metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry. (For vehicle-mounted signs, remove and clean WEEKLY.)
- To protect fresh clear coat, base coat and/or vinyl surfaces on new cars and trucks, remove magnetic signs DAILY.
Note: There is no warranty expressed or implied against loss of signs or damage to vehicle surfaces, as factory has no control over how the magnetic signs are cared for, altered, stored, and/or used, or the surface to which the signs are applied.