Author: Kristy Netzer
Length: 76 pages, 8.5" x 11"
Release Date: 2018
Whether you are an athletic handler, a slow handler, or a physically challenged handler, long lead-outs can help your dog have a speedy and accurate start on many courses and help keep you ahead of your dog. In this book, Kristy Netzer (author of the "Dial Up the Distance" DVD) shows you how she teaches her dogs to do phenomenal lead-outs as part of her distance training program.
Starting with teaching the vital "Out" skill, Kristy's lesson plan breaks down each facet of lead-out training which includes directed jumping, landing-side front crosses, obstacle discrimination challenges, lead-outs with tunnels and obstacles other than jumps, and more. She also explains where to stand, how to stand, and why, as well as how you decide when to use a long lead-out on an actual course. Kristy walks you through her process of determining a lead-out plan and also shares a number of real-life lead-out scenarios on AKC and USDAA courses so you can see her planning in action.
Because of the importance of lead-out positioning in exercises, this E-Book includes enlarged diagrams for ease of use.
This E-Book in only available as a PDF file. A PDF file can be read with Adobe Reader on your computer or laptop, and can also be transferred to various reading devices from your computer.
Please note that you must have an account in the Clean Run store to purchase and access the download. If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one when you check out. Once you have completed checkout, you can get your E-Book by going to your account download page, https://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=access.download.
- Teaching the “Recall Out,” Lesson 1: Directed Jumping
- Landing-Side Front Cross, Lesson 1
- Which Arm to Use for a Landing-Side Front Cross
- Teaching the “Recall Out,” Lesson 2: Directed Jumping
- Landing-Side Front Cross, Lesson 2
- Teaching the “Recall Out,” Lesson 3: Directed Jumping
- Practicing Basic Lead-Outs with All Types of Obstacles
- Teaching the “Recall Out,” Lesson 4: Using Other Types of Obstacles
- Tunnel Lead-Out Exercise
- Where to Stand: The Lead-Out Line
- How to Stand: Lead-Out Body Position
- Follow These Lead-Out Guidelines
- Recall with a Turn
- Recall Out with Obstacle Discriminations
- Lead-Outs When the Second Obstacle Isn't a Jump
- Tunnel, Tunnel, Toil, and Trouble! Take 1
- A Review of Lead-Out Positioning
- Tunnel, Tunnel, Toil, and Trouble! Take 2
- Double Out Lead-Out
- Teaching a Serpentine as a Recall
- Lead-Outs with an Obstacle Discrimination
- When to Use a Long Lead-Out
Real Life Lead-Outs
- USDAA Grand Prix #1
- USDAA Masters Standard/PIII
- AKC Master/Excellent JWW #1
- USDAA Grand Prix #2
- AKC Excellent/Master Standard
- USDAA Advanced/PII Standard
- AKC Master/Excellent JWW #2
- Training Course