The Ready Treat V2 is a radio-controlled treat dispenser that will help you train a variety of behaviors. Using a hand-held remote, you control when the dog receives his reward from up to 100' indoors and outdoors. The Ready Treat's small, compact size makes it easy to take with you in your training bag. It's unique treat compartment gives you the flexibility to use a wide variety of treats: roast beef, cheese, liver, or whatever your dog loves.
The Ready Treat is easy to use. Just place the unit where you want it, push the button on top to turn it on, load the treat compartment, close the door, and you're ready for action. The dog will not be able to remove the treat until you activate the remote to open the door to the treat compartment.
You'll find many uses for the Ready Treat. In agility. We've found it useful for
- Teaching independent weave pole performance and encouraging the dog to drive through the poles to the end
- Teaching independent contact performance, keeping forward focus on the contacts even if you move laterally or fall behind
- Rewarding start lines from a distance
- Rewarding distance work and sends
- Using as a distraction/reward for dogs that get distracted looking for dropped treats on the ground
- Remedial work with dogs that have learned to run watching their handler's hand for treats
The Ready Treat has 20+ frequencies which enable you to configure multiple Ready Treats independently so you can use them for training directionals or discriminations. In this instance, each unit is controlled by its own transmitter.
The treat-dispensing base unit is only 4.375"W x 4.75"L x 2.125"H and weighs just over 7 oz. with batteries in it. The treat compartment is 1"W x 2"L x 1"D.
You will need to purchase batteries for the Ready Treat:
- Hand-held remote control runs on a 9-volt battery (not included)
- Food-dispensing base unit runs on 3 AAA batteries (not included)
What’s new with the Ready Treat V2?
- Radio control for improved range
- Works as well outdoors as indoors
- 20+ frequencies so easily pairs with remote
- Battery compatibility issue resolved
What’s the same?
- Small & lightweight
- Works with any kind of treat
- Opens immediately (no lag time)
- Simple to use: push the button to open the door
Before Using the Ready Treat
You must pair the dispenser base to the remote-control transmitter the first time you use the Ready Treat. After installing the batteries, turn the Ready Treat on. The red light will flash. Hold the transmitter button down until the light stops flashing. The remote control and the base are now paired.
The Ready Treat vs. the Manners Minder
The Ready Treat was not designed as a replacement for the Manners Minder. The Ready Treat was designed with these priorities:
- Small compact size to fit in your training bag and be as inconspicuous as possible in your training area
- Ability to dispense a wide variety of treats
- Simple to use: Push the button to open the door—nothing else
The Manners Minder is an excellent choice for rewarding behaviors like crate manners. The Ready Treat was designed to be used for training specific agility or obedience skills.
Tips for Using the Ready Treat
Here's some suggestions to help you get started with your Ready Treat remote treat dispenser.
- Take the time to introduce it to your dog. With the door open, feed the dog treats from it. The first time you open the door, make sure the dog is at least 2-3' away the unit; never pop open the door while your dog is sniffing the Ready Treat looking for a treat. The door opens quickly and it could startle your pup.
- Many people put the Ready Treat too close to the obstacles. Moving it farther away gives you the time to react and push the button. 15' from the obstacle is a good place to start.
- If your dog paws at the Ready Treat and you hit the button, what are you rewarding? Once again, hit the button on the transmitter before your dog gets to the Ready Treat so he doesn't have a chance to paw at it.