First Day of Course: Whenever you choose!
Course Length: 4 lessons that you can complete at your own pace. There are no fixed deadlines or due dates.
On an agility course, we have certain handling situations and maneuvers that are often misread by dogs because they appear similar to the dog, but are actually quite different. "Balancing our steering" refers to making our cues clear, consistent, and distinct for each situation so the dog understands what we want quickly and easily.
This course focuses on making sure you have two clear and consistent cue sets in the context of each the following common similar-but-different situations:
- How do we show our dogs the difference between serpentines vs. threadles? Each can be executed by the same line; the difference between them is WHERE the turns in the line take place.
- How do we show where similarly shaped lines happen to get very DIFFERENT results? Shaped front-side approaches to jumps and pushes to the backside of jumps can be executed by the same line; the difference between them is WHERE the line takes place.
- How do we clearly show the difference between what Dudley calls a "throw-behind wrap" where the dog turns tightly toward handler but doesn’t change sides of the handler (unlike a front cross where the dog does change sides) and a rear cross?
What is included with your purchase?
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- No expiring content—you can go back any time to read and watch lessons. There is no time limit.
This course is best suited to dogs familiar with sequencing jumps and tunnels.
Equipment and space needed
- 5 jumps
- Short tunnel
- A 50 ft. x 70 ft. training area
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.
Dudley Shumate has been loving and training dogs of various breeds—including Cocker Spaniels, Standard Poodles, Border Collies, and most recently a terrier mix and a rescued All-American—for over 25 years. While enjoying competitive success in obedience, tracking, and herding, agility is their forte. Dudley and her pups have earned 126 top placements regionally, nationally, and internationally, 39 of them firsts including six National Championships. Before dogs, Dudley was an avid horse trainer and three-day event competitor. She lives on a farm in North Carolina, baking and doing yoga when she isn’t trialing or teaching seminars.
"This is an awesome training video. You will be amazed at results you can achieve." —Islay S.