Free shipping in the contiguous USA! Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
Made by Max 200, this competition Breakaway Tire has the same look as the tires that agility competitors have been using for years, but it has internal magnets at both the top and bottom that allow the two sides of the tire to separate upon impact if a dog hits it. The tire was designed to conform with AKC and USDAA specifications. Other organizations that recommend the use of a breakaway tire are ASCA and AAC.
This tire also features several improvements over other drainage pipe tires:
- There is an inner "skeleton" inside the pipe so the tire maintains its shape.
- It is made from 4" color drainage pipe; the only tape on the tire is for the white areas that divide the quadrants of color.
The Breakaway Tire comes with a hook, wire, and eye bolt at the top of the tire so that you can install the tire in your existing frame and easily raise and lower the tire. It also comes with rubber straps that clip to the eyebolts on the sides of the tire and go around your frame. However, if you prefer to mount the tire differently, you can remove the wire and/or straps from the eyebolts and easily fit the tire to your existing hardware configuration.
Available in two sizes:
- 20" for USDAA only (smallest allowable diameter)
- 24" for AKC, ASCA, or USDAA
Available in 3 color styles:
- 2 colors half & half with white quadrant dividers like the yellow and green tire photo
- 1 color with white quadrant dividers like the orange tire photo
- 2 colors alternating with white quadrant dividers like the red and blue tire photo
Packaging: Tire and mounting hardware included (tire frame must be purchased separately).
Important Shipping Note: Please note that 2 tires can be shipped for just a little bit more than 1 tire as they can fit in the same box.