First Day of Course: Whenever you choose!
Course Length: 6 lessons that you can complete at your own pace. There are no fixed deadlines or due dates.
Discover a variety of beneficial exercises to properly strengthen your dog. While the exercises benefit dogs of all sizes, this class is designed to offer specific suggestions for larger dogs—dogs that are 45 lbs. or more and giant breeds—that sometimes seem not to fit on some fitness equipment! These exercises will reduce the chance of injury, improve your dog's strength and flexibility, enhance his performance, and increase quality of life for your dog.
Width, inflation, and size of equipment does matter. You'll learn important equipment considerations, substitutions you can make, and setups that ensure your dog has the proper form for doing the exercises safely. In addition, you'll learn helpful ideas and exercises for fitness on the road for large dogs (you can pack small for big benefits!), alternatives to cavaletti drills for the "rail whacker," and valuable KLIMB, pad, or platform combinations.
The exercises range from beginner to advanced level, with most falling in the intermediate to advanced level.
What is included with your purchase?
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content
- A basic understanding of clicker or marker signal training.
- Although not required, students may also benefit by having previously taken a foundation fitness class.
You may want to train or brush up on these skills before your start the exercises:
- Value for front, rear, and all feet on equipment
- Lateral (sideways) walking (beginner level only)
- Nose touch hold OR chin touch hold
- Basic positional changes (sit, down, stand)
Equipment and space needed
Note: Substitutions can be made if you don’t have the equipment below. There are many possible equipment options discussed in the videos and you may use something you have lying around your house.
- 1-2 platforms: Two is ideal, but you can modify exercises if you have only one. Your dog should be able to stand comfortably in a neutral position on the platform as well as lie down with his entire body on the platform (including the front feet but excluding his tail). You can use any suitable platform including the following: Aerobic bench with risers (you may substitute other things around the house for risers), KLIMB Dog Training Platform, Cato Board, or a contact board or travel plank. In some instances, you may be able to use a coffee table or dining room chair.
- 1-2 FitPAWS balance (foam) pads
- 2-4 donut holders or taped pool noodles, taped foam piping, or rolled up beach towels that form a ring shape
- 2 cones or tall rainboots
- 1 FitPAWS Ramp (you may substitute a balance pad, small disc, or medium to large rubber feed bucket)
- 2 FitPAWS Mini K9FITbones (you may substitute FitPAWS Paw Pods, 2-4 small or medium rubber feed buckets, or 2-4 homemade small targets made out of packing foam and athletic tape)
- Optional: FitPAWS Targets, spot markers, or cut up pieces of yoga mat to use as foot targets if needed or to prevent equipment from sliding
- Optional: 2-4 beach towels or large bath towels to add instability or elevation
- A training space that is 5-8 feet will work, but 5 feet by 12 feet is better. The surface needs to be non-slippery (yoga or gym mats, non-slick carpet, grass, etc.)
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.
Jasey is Certified Canine Fitness Trainer. She teaches weekly group classes at a local vet clinic in Raleigh, North Carolina. She also owns and runs Day Fit Dogs, which provides canine fitness private lessons, blog writing, and seminar services.
She is a member of the Bobbie Lyons K9FITteam– a team of compassionate canine fitness instructors who actively teach others and continually expand their own knowledge.
Since 2004, Jasey has taught a variety of workshops, seminars, and classes on the following: Canine Fitness, Canine Swimming, Puppy, Canine Good Citizen/Family Pet, Advanced Family Pet, Rally, and Agility. In addition, Jasey has earned over 60 titles across four dogs in Dock Diving, Agility, Rally, CGC, and Trick Dog. Jasey's Labrador Retriever and Australian Cattle Dog spend their time hiking, training, teaching classes, dock diving, herding, and/or doing agility.