This special package of presentations from Conference Unleashed 2020 includes seven presentations that cover critical concepts in the Control Unleashed program.
- Leslie McDevitt explains how she has refined and evolved the Look At That game since she wrote about it in her original book. She addresses frequently asked questions and provides a new, fun way to teach the game within a broader context of station training. Presentation: 48min., Q&A: 60min.
- Eva Bertilsson, Emelie Johnson-Vegh, and Peggy Hogan provide a deeper insight into what start button behaviors are all about. They share their viewpoints on the subject and help you develop procedures that maximize the value of this fascinating communication tool. Presentation: 64min., Q&A: 59min.
- Sarah Owings dives into the subject of impulse control. It's still common to see people teaching for what they call impulse control via trial and error. Is it possible to teach dogs to be safe and reliable using positive reinforcement and errorless progressions, instead of negative punishment and extinction? Can we truly teach Leave It without tears? Presentation: 67min., Q&A: 36min.
- Dr. Laura Donaldson, PhD explores how CU helps dogs learn enhanced decision-making skills and how CU teaches dogs what she describes as decision rules for optimism. While this concept does not appear in any of the CU books, it insightfully captures not only the crux of what dogs learn when they go through a CU program, but also how the program actually transforms canine behavior. Presentation: 67min., Q&A: 51min.
- Leslie McDevitt provides the essential introduction to the why and how of her Pattern Games, which are described in her latest book, Control Unleashed 3: Reactive to Relaxed. Whether you're new to the awesome power of the CU Pattern Games or it's time for a refresher, this is vital CU training information. Presentation: 66min., Q&A: 43min.
- Julie Daniels reviews the four steps of CU mat work and then shows creative ways to use it! Taught the CU way, mats and stations have a magical ability to impart feelings of safety, confidence, and optimism about the environment. Presentation: 57min., Q&A: 45min.
- Hannah Branigan demonstrates how the power of patterns is not just for the dogs! She explores how to set up a pattern that will help the human part of the team be as clear and reliable as possible. Set up a training session so that your behavior cues your learner’s behavior effortlessly and without pressure. Presentation: 43 min., Q&A: 58min.
- BONUS! We've are also including a recording of the Q&A panel discussion that featured Leslie and many of the Conference Unleashed instructors. 92min.
What's included with your purchase?
- Over 13 hours of content: 7 presentations, 7 Q&A sessions, and the bonus panel discussion
- Access on mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.
To watch the recorded presentations in our conference classroom, you will need:
- High-speed internet: Watching the recorded presentations will take less bandwidth than watching the live Q&As because the video playback will be buffered as necessary. If you are unsure whether your internet speed is sufficient to watch the recorded videos, you can test it out by joining the free class in the Clean Run Learning Center. The class focuses on agility training, but there are a number of videos you can test out in that classroom, and you can also get a feel for our online classroom. You will be asked to register when you click the link.
- An up-to-date web browser: Please make sure you are using the latest version (or the one before that) of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge. You can check your browser version here: https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/
- An up-to-date operating system: Please make sure you are using the latest version (or the one before that) of Windows, macOS, iOS, iPadOS, or Android.