Jump into this on-demand workshop to learn a series of motivational small-space training games to teach your dog big-time commitment skills. The focus is on building your dog's countermotion skill so that your dog will commit to an obstacle while you run the other way. Not only is this skill useful for improving obstacle commitment, it will also help with obstacle independence, speed, and tight turns.
You can do all of these games in a small space like your living room or a hallway.
This on-demand workshop includes a recording of a 5-hour live workshop during which working dogs tried the games demonstrated by Tracy Sklenar and then received feedback. There are also training notes and written descriptions of the games.
What is included with your purchase?
- Access to all workshop materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content
- Best suited for dogs 9 months and older.
- Minimum skills required are an understanding of barrel or wing wraps, and understanding how to go over jump bumps or bars.
Please watch the video listed above for more details information about the equipment needed.
- A platform or bed that the dog can easily get all four feet on and that won't slide
- Different types of reinforcement
- Two leashes or lines so you can "draw" lines on the ground to define where you and the dog need to be
- Jump wing, barrel, or cone that the dog can go around
- Something that the dog can go over to simulate a jump bar, such as a bump or pool noodle
These training games are designed to be done in a small space: your living room, hallway, or any area that's approximately 15x15 feet, with good footing so the dog doesn’t slip.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.