Dasuquin from Nutramax Laboratories Veterinary Sciences is a joint health supplement for dogs that goes beyond standard glucosamine supplements. It contains NMX1000®* avocado/soybean unsaponifiables (ASU), green tea extract (EGCG), FCHG49® glucosamine hydrochloride, and TRH122® low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate in a tasty chewable tablet. It is a comprehensive joint support supplement and is the #1 recommended joint health brand among veterinary brands.
Dasuquin for Small to Medium Dogs has been optimized for dogs under 60 pounds.
- The combination of the trademarked FCHG49 glucosamine hydrochloride and TRH122 low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate supports cartilage matrix production and helps block enzymes in joints that break down cartilage. These ingredients together have been shown in published studies to protect joint cartilage better than either ingredient alone. A greater than additive effect, known as a "synergistic" effect, on cartilage cells was seen using this particular glucosamine and low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate together.
- ASU has been shown to improve joint function and comfort levels. Studies using cartilage cells have shown that ASU lowers the expression or production of several compounds involved in the process of cartilage breakdown in joints. Studies have shown that the combination of glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate plus ASU works better than glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate alone. ASU complements the positive effects of the other active ingredients in Dasuquin.
- The highly absorbable green tea extract (EGCG) is rich in antioxidants, which have a positive effect on cartilage as well as on overall body defenses.
- MSM is included to relieve pain and inflammation, and also help maintain cell health.
On the label, different brands may appear to be the same, but unlike drugs, the ingredients in supplements are not equivalent. Each batch of Dasuquin is subjected to stringent quality control measures to ensure what's on the label is in the product. This is in contrast to a study published in the Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association which showed that up to approximately 80% of glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate brands did not meet their own label claim.
Packaging: 84 scored chewable tabs.
Each tablet contains:
| Glucosamine Hydrochloride* 99%
| Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate* (low molecular weight)
| Avocado/Soybean Unsaponifiables* (ASU) Powder
* Dasuquin contains FCHG49® Glucosamine and TRH122® Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, and NMX1000® Avocado/Soybean which are Nutramax Laboratories proprietary veterinary researched specifications.
Other Ingredients: Natural flavor, dextrose, dried brewers yeast, microcrystalline cellulose, gum resin, soy protein isolate, soy lecithin, magnesium stearate, tea silicon dioxide, natural and artificial flavor, and mixed tocopherols.
Directions for Use
Allow 4-6 weeks initially to note a response, though some dogs may respond sooner. If desired, the number of tablets may then be reduced to a maintenance level. The maintenance level can also be used long-term in healthy dogs to help support their joints. An individual dog’s needs may vary. To provide extra support to the joints, dogs on a maintenance level can be increased to the initial level as needed, e.g., on weekends or other times when they are more active.
|Number of Tablets
Initial 4-6 Week Period
|Number of Tablets
|Under 10 lbs.
|10 - 29 lbs.
|30 - 59 lbs.