Class has started, but it's not too late to join in! You will be able to see all of the lessons regardless of when you enroll.
This course is ideal for learning the fundamentals of dog sports with a focus on beginner flyball training. The behaviors you learn will transition seamlessly into the advanced mechanics required in executing a flyball pattern.
The lessons can be easily trained at home with minimal equipment. The work does not require a flyball team or a flyball box.
Focus areas include:
- Tugging/toy play
- Driving away from handler
- Building work ethic
- Retrieving an object
- Targeting all feet
- Recalling to you
- Focusing around distractions
- Controlling arousal
- Committing to jumps
- Controlling impulses
- Hind end power
- Developing body awareness
What is included with your Premier registration?
- 6 units of study consisting of written lectures and video instruction with 12 weeks to complete them (a new unit is released every 2 weeks so you have time to work all of the exercises). A bonus 13th week is provided so you can do any catch-up work necessary.
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Ability to post questions about your dog as well as videos of your dog working (Premier students can submit 1-2 minutes of video per activity, not to exceed 15 minutes per unit.)
- Ability to participate in discussions and watch all posted videos
- Instructor feedback on video assignments
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content; after the course ends, you won't be able to ask questions, but the content is still available to you
- Best for dogs with little to no flyball experience.
- Dogs should be 4 months or older. For younger dogs that are not fully grown, please consult a veterinary professional to determine a safe jump height for your dog.
Equipment and space needed
- Jump that is 24-30" wide and 6-7" high
- 18" x 24" target mat, black preferred (shelf liner is perfect)
- Tugs, treats, clicker
- Optional: 14" fitness/stability disc (larger breeds may require a larger disc size)
- Optional: Cato Board
Games require a maximum of 30 feet of indoor/outdoor space.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
We offer a 90% refund for the class if you request a cancellation at least 5 days before the class begins AND the Premier spots have not already sold out. If the Premier spots are sold out, we cannot issue a refund unless we fill your spot.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.