This first-of-its-kind flyball course is designed to guide you on your flyball journey from start to finish. Access to the instructor lasts an ENTIRE YEAR and Shelly is dedicated to helping you through any hurdles you encounter as you start and complete your dog's flyball training. She has trained a large variety of breeds for flyball and has 1.5 decades of experience to guide you through the training process.
All lessons are available at once, making the course ideal for people who are stuck in their flyball training as well as those who want to learn the full flyball pattern, starting with the basics. Shelly covers it all: starting with the ball on a slant/hit-it board, seamlessly transitioning to the box, becoming knowledgeable on when and where to add in jumps, racing, and passing. Learn to see the perfect placements for props, striders, and your and your dog's feet. Train your eye to make quick decisions in the moment to adjust your dog's performance. After completing all of the exercises, you and your dog will be primed to make your flyball debut confidently and safely.
There are 20 exercises; 15 of which can be done on your own, and 5 that require additional helper dogs for racing and passing drills. Each exercise comes with written instructions and an informational video with different setups for team and homeschool demonstrations. Total time to watch all the videos is just under 1.5 hours.
Note: Although not required, you will get the most out of this course working with a flyball team or other flyball participants at practices so that you have the opportunity to race and add distractions that simulate a tournament setting.
What is included with your Premier registration?
- 20 exercises consisting of written lectures and video instruction with 1 year to complete them
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Ability to post questions about your dog as well as videos of your dog working (During the year, Premier students can submit 30 videos that are no more than 5 minutes each; additional video reviews can be purchased if necessary. These video reviews would normally cost $300+ on their own, without all the written information and videos included in this course. So the course is a great bargain.)
- Ability to participate in discussions and watch all posted videos
- Instructor feedback on video assignments
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content; after the course ends, you won't be able to ask questions, but the content is still available to you
- If your end goal is to teach your dog the flyball pattern, this course is appropriate for you regardless of your level of experience.
- Dogs should be 10 months or older.
Equipment and space needed
- Slant Board (also known as a hit-it board)
- Flyball box
- 4 jumps that are 24-30" wide and 6-7" high
- Optional: 18" x 24" target mat, black preferred (shelf liner is perfect)
- Dog's preferred ball (squishy, light pressure, tennis ball, etc.)
- Tugs, treats, clicker
The beginning of the course requires a minimum of 15 feet for boxwork. As the course progresses and exercises include jumps, you will require a minimum of 50 feet. The ending of the course with full run patterns will require a minimum of 80-90 feet for the 51 feet course and runback.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
We offer a 90% refund for the class if you request a cancellation at least 5 days before the class begins AND the Premier spots have not already sold out. If the Premier spots are sold out, we cannot issue a refund unless we fill your spot.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.