The Kevyt Pomppa is an all-purpose mid-season coat that will keep your dog dry and comfortable during wet and chilly weather. The waterproof and durable outer layer protects the dog from rain, wind, and dirt. The lining is made of a thin synthetic fur, which is anti-static and soft to the touch. The lightweight materials allow the jacket to pack up small, so it’s easy to carry along with you in case the weather turns or you need to put a coat on your dog after a swim or romp in a damp field.
Designed by Pomppa Oy in Finland, this stylish and excellently made dog coat allows your dog to move freely without any restrictions. The front slit allows the dog to move his front legs with no restrictions. The large collar opening allows the dog to move his head freely from side to side. The coat retains it shape and placement even if the dog lowers its head to the ground. The snugly fitting belt holds the coat in place and collects the hem neatly away from the dog’s legs. The dog can also wag and carry its tail completely free due to the tail slit at the back.
- Lightweight and comfortable jacket that keeps the dog warm and dry
- Works perfectly as an all-purpose jacket for mid-season weather
- Inner lining is made of a thin synthetic fur, which doesn’t tangle the fur
- Waterproof, durable, and rustle-free outer layer has a water column value of 5000 mm and a water-repellent coating
- The collar has a convenient leash hole
- High quality reflectors are located in the collar and back seam
- All materials are machine-washable and dry out fast
For a comparison of the different types of Pomppa coats and what they are designed for, please read "Choosing the Right Coat."
What size coat does your dog need? Click on the Sizing tab for instructions on how to measure your dog and choose the appropriate size.
How to Measure Your Dog: Pomppa coats are sized according to the length of the dog's back. The chart below shows the extreme measurements for each size of the product. The coat size you choose should never have a smaller back measurement than your dog's back length. However, the correct size may have a larger back measurement than your dog's back length.
It’s important to consider the intended use of the coat. A jacket meant for active lifestyle should fit snugly, whereas a jacket for calm exercise and downtime during training can be slightly larger. If you are uncertain of sizing, please call or email us for assistance.
Notes: The sizing for the Kevyt Pomppa is the same as for the Perus Pomppa, but it is different than the sizing for the Jumppa Pomppa or Toppa Pomppa coats.
1. Back Length - Be sure that your dog is standing squarely, with head up, and is looking straight ahead. Following the contour of the dog's back closely, measure from the dog's neck at the point where it joins his shoulders to the base of his tail (the point where the tail joins the body).
2. Not used for Kevyt Pomppa
3. Chest - The circumference of the chest is measured at the widest point of the dog’s chest.
4. Waist - The circumference of the waist is measured behind the chest from the narrowest point of the dog.
||9" to 10.24"
|9.84" to 14.96"
|14.56" to 14.96"
||10.63" to 11.42"
|11" to 16.92"
|13.38" to 16.92"
||11.81" to 12.59"
|12.20" to 18.89"
|14.56" to 18.89"
||13" to 13.77"
|13.77" to 20.86"
|15.75" to 20.86"
||14.17" to 14.96"
|14.96" to 22.83"
|16.92" to 22.83"
||15.35" to 16.14"
|15.75" to 24.80"
|18.11" to 24.80"
||16.53" to 17.71"
|16.92" to 26.77"
|19.29" to 26.77"
||18.11" to 19.29"
|18.11" to 29.13"
|20.47" to 29.13"
||19.68" to 20.86"
|18.90" to 31.50"
|21.25" to 31.50"
||21.2557" to 22.24"
|20.07" to 33.85"
|22.04" to 33.85"
||22.83" to 25"
|22" to 37.40"
|24.40" to 36.22"
||25.59" to 24.01"
|22.04" to 38.58"
|25" to 38.58"
Maintaining and taking care of the product properly will increase its lifetime. Always follow the washing instructions found on the label inside the jacket. Wash the product at 30°C /86° F using a delicate cycle. Avoid using any fabric softeners or bleach. Do not spin dry or iron the product.
Avoid any unnecessary washing. Aside from high water consumption, washing will wear out the fabric and its coating. If there's no visible dirt or debris, try to air out the product in a well-ventilated area or try placing it in the freezer to get rid of any odors.
The jackets have a waterproof outer layer, which has also been treated with a water-repellent coating. After several washes, the water-repellent coating may weaken, but despite of this, the fabric is still 100% waterproof. The jacket can be recoated with a water-repellent spray available from outdoor supply stores.
A properly maintained jacket will last for years in use. Before you decide to throw away a broken or worn product, check first if it’s repairable. If the buckle is broken, you can buy a spare directly from the manufacturer.