The Ready Treat V2 is a radio-controlled treat dispenser that will help you train a variety of behaviors. Using a hand-held remote, you control when the dog receives his reward from up to 100' indoors and outdoors. The Ready Treat's small, compact size makes it easy to take with you in your training bag. It's unique treat compartment gives you the flexibility to use a wide variety of treats: roast beef, cheese, liver, or whatever your dog loves.
The Ready Treat is easy to use. Just place the unit where you want it, push the button on top to turn it on, load the treat compartment, close the door, and you're ready for action. The dog will not be able to remove the treat until you activate the remote to open the door to the treat compartment. Reload and you're ready to go again.
You'll find many uses for the Ready Treat. In agility. We've found it useful for
- Teaching independent weave pole performance and encouraging the dog to drive through the poles to the end
- Teaching independent contact performance, keeping forward focus on the contacts even if you move laterally or fall behind
- Rewarding start lines from a distance
- Rewarding distance work and sends
- Using as a distraction/reward for dogs that get distracted looking for dropped treats on the ground
- Remedial work with dogs that have learned to run watching their handler's hand for treats
The Ready Treat has 20+ frequencies which enable you to configure multiple Ready Treats independently so you can use them for training directionals or discriminations. In this instance, each unit is controlled by its own transmitter.
The treat-dispensing base unit is only 4.375"W x 4.75"L x 2.125"H and weighs just over 7 oz. with batteries in it. The treat compartment is 1"W x 2"L x 1"D.
You will need to purchase batteries for the Ready Treat:
- Hand-held remote control runs on a 9-volt battery (not included)
- Food-dispensing base unit runs on 3 AAA batteries (not included)
Note: Before using the Ready Treat for the first time, you must pair the dispenser base to the remote-control transmitter the first time you use the Ready Treat. After installing the batteries, turn the Ready Treat on. The red light will flash. Hold the transmitter button down until the light stops flashing. The remote control and the base are now paired.
What’s new with the Ready Treat V2?
- Radio control for improved range
- Works as well outdoors as indoors
- 20+ frequencies so easily pairs with remote
- Battery compatibility issue resolved
What’s the same?
- Small & lightweight
- Works with any kind of treat
- Opens immediately (no lag time)
- Simple to use: push the button to open the door
Before Using the Ready Treat
You must pair the dispenser base to the remote-control transmitter the first time you use the Ready Treat. After installing the batteries, turn the Ready Treat on. The red light will flash. Hold the transmitter button down until the light stops flashing. The remote control and the base are now paired.