Super Puppy! (for Young Dogs Too!) - Standard Registration
6-week instructor-guided course starts June 7
Super Puppy! is designed for puppies 12 weeks or older, or young adults, that are destined to be agility or performance sport dogs. The class features a combination of agility foundation exercises, games, and trick training. The goal is to develop your relationship and communication with your pup as you teach him how much fun it is to work with you and learn new things. Your pup will develop coordination, motivation, and self-confidence as you explore the many activities included in this course.
Foundation exercises include send forward on the flat with and without handler motion, offer a jump, offer to go around a jump wing, wobble board, Bang game, follow the handling straight line, front cross on the flat, lateral push on the flat, follow the handling with a 90-degree turn on the flat, lap turn on the flat, go around a wing backside send, tandem turn, follow the handling with a 150-degree turn on the flat, rear cross on the flat, maintaining commitment when going around a wing, and lead changes from a distance.
Games include Two Toy game, Name game, and Watch Me.
Tricks include thing in a thing, back feet, perch, back up, nose touch, front paw touch, get in a box, spin/twist, wipe your feet, where's my dog, behind/away, figure eight, footsies, pivot/twirl, look left/look right, footsies while walking, weave while walking, and muffin tin game.
The course includes a bonus introductory lesson that explains the training concepts Amanda uses throughout the course.
What is included with your Standard registration?
- 6 lessons with written lectures and video instruction
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Ability to ask questions, participate in discussions, and watch all posted videos
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content; you won't be able to ask questions after the course ends, but the content is still available to you
NOTE: If you would like to be able to submit videos of your dog working on the homework as well as ask specific questions about your dog and his progress, you should sign up for the Premier registration.
No skills are necessary. Puppies must be at least 12 weeks old.
Equipment and space needed
- Treats & toys
- Two identical tug toys (for the Two Toy game)
- Small bowl or plastic food container that can be used as a food target
- Standalone jump wing (could substitute a chair, stool, trash can, or other similar object)
- Nonwinged jump (for one exercise, could substitute a large cone)
- Wobble board or teeter (for one exercise)
- Rectangular exercise pad for young puppies and/or a large exercise disc for older puppies
- Large food bowl (will be turned upside down)
- Towel or small yoga mat (for one trick)
- Muffin tin (for one trick)
Most of the tricks, and some of the agility exercises, can be done inside in a relatively small room (you will see Amanda's puppy room in the informational video). The rest of the agility exercises can be done in a very small backyard.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
We offer a 90% refund for the class if you request a cancellation at least 5 days before the class begins. There are no refunds once the course has started.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.