The Toppa Pomppa is a great-fitting thermal coat for your performance dog that offers complete coverage of all the major muscle groups and allows your dog to move freely without any restrictions. This stylish and well-made dog coat from Finland is lined with anti-static "teddy" material that doesn’t crackle or make noise when worn. Additionally the lining doesn’t collect hair, nor does it cause your dog’s fur to knot. The outer fabric, which is designed to withstand your dog running through bushes and playing hard, has a waterproof membrane. An airy synthetic filling forms an insulating layer within the coat. The Toppa Pompaa is carefully crafted to keep the warmth in and the cold out!
Here's a more in-depth look at the features.
- Large collar: The neck/collar of the Toppa Pomppa is made larger than on other dog jackets to provide the best possible protection for the muscles of the neck. The size and the placement of the collar were carefully thought out in order to allow your dog to move his head freely—up and down, and side to side. In addition, the collar is fairly open on the chest so that your dog can lower his head to sniff the ground without causing pressure on his throat and without the jacket riding up from his back.
- Large back panels: The back of the Toppa Pomppa is made larger than on other dog coats to provide protection for the muscles of the hip region as well as the thighs. The back panels of the Toppa Pomppa cup over your dog's thighs which protects the back of the leg as well as helps the coat stay in place when your dog is running or when he lowers his head to sniff.
Front leg slits: The Toppa Pomppa provides complete protection for the large muscle groups around the shoulder blades, but by incorporating the front slits the coat also allows your dog's front legs to move freely without restrictions.
Tail slit: The slit at the back of the coat allows full tail movement without any effect on the fit of the coat or muscle coverage. Additionally it allows the coat to cup your dog’s hips to protect the muscles from the back. Your dog can hold his tail fully upright without the coat shifting position on his body. If your dog carries their tail low, the slit closes to cover the back.
- Well-fitting belt: The belt is an important piece of the Toppa Pomppa's fit and coverage. It covers your dog's entire belly to keep him warm and settles on the waist in the best possible way. The belt is as wide as possible. The belly strap does not hang, but instead follows along your dog’s body and gathers the hem to keep it from interfering with your dog’s movement.
- Curved buckle: Small things matter; this is why the buckle on the Toppa Pomppa is curved. The buckle conforms to your dog’s back curve so there is no pressure or chaffing.
- Leash hole: At the base of the neck there is a hole in the coat that allow you to connect a leash to your dog’s collar so that your dog's neck remains protected at all times.
- Reflectors: Large reflectors add to your dog’s safety in low-light conditions. The reflectors are placed so that they are visible in every direction. While wearing a Toppa Pomppa coat your dog will be seen, no matter which way they are facing. These high-quality reflectors endure wear and washing and retain their reflective properties for a long time.
- No elasticized leg bands: Often the fit of a dog coat relies on elasticized bands that go around a dog’s back legs. These bands are cumbersome and may chafe your dog’s legs or restrict movement. The Toppa Pomppa does not need the band because it fits right. The Toppa Pomppa conforms to even the wildest moves your dog does without any need for leg bands.
What size coat does your dog need? Click on the Sizing tab for instructions on how to measure your dog and choose the appropriate size.
How to Measure Your Dog: To fit your dog for a Toppa Pomppa coat, you first need to determine his back length. Be sure that your dog is standing squarely, with head up, and is looking straight ahead. Following the contour of the dog's back closely, measure from the top of the dog's withers (the point of his shoulders) to the base of his tail (the point where the tail joins the body). Do not measure from the dog's collar.
Choose the size that is closest to the measured length. If the measurement is between sizes, the choice depends on the intended use of the coat and your dog's preferred tail position. If your dog holds his tail primarily vertically, then choose the smaller size coat. If he holds his tail down, then choose the larger coat.
If you are still uncertain of sizing, please call or email us for assistance.
||Back Length in Inches
||8 5/8 in.
||9 7/8 in.
||12 1/4 in.
||13 3/8 in.
||14 5/8 in.
||16 1/8 in.
||17 3/4 in.
||19 5/8 in.
||21 5/8 in.
||23 5/8 in.
||25 5/8 in.
Machine washable up to 86°F or 30°C. Do not use spin cycle.
Use normal detergents that do not contain bleach or fabric softeners.
Air dry only, do not tumble dry.