How We Make Shopping Safe
- By using the same state-of-the-art server encryption technology (SSL) used by leading banks and online retailers, we can ensure that your personal information is safe.
- All of the personal information you submit, including your name, address, and credit card number, is encrypted or translated by SSL into indecipherable codes so that it cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
- We do not store credit card numbers on our site or even in our office. After you enter your credit card number and the charge has been authorized, we retain only the last 4 digits of the number.
- We employ an outside company to test our security on a daily basis and ensure that our site is trustworthy. At any time, you can click on the McAfee Secure logo at the bottom of the page. This is a "live" logo which will display a checklist showing that we have passed the current security certification tests.
How Can I Tell If Your Site Is Secure?
- When you click the Checkout button, your web browser looks for a digital certificate to confirm that it is communicating with a secure website. Once your browser confirms the digital certificate, you will automatically move into the secure area of our site. Depending on your browser settings, a warning window may pop up to notify you that you are entering this safe area. If you look at the website address (URL) at the top of your screen, you will see that it changes from http to https to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed padlock may appear at the bottom of your screen. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process.
- At any time, you can click on the McAfee Secure logo at the bottom of the page. This is a "live" logo which will display a checklist showing that we have passed the daily security certification tests.
My Browser Is Warning Me That Your Security Certificate Has Expired
If your web browser displays a security alert message saying that "the security certificate has expired or is not yet valid," this actually applies to your browser and not to our site. It means that your browser software does not have the latest information needed to read the security certificate.
Receiving this warning message does not affect the security of our website; you can still use the store to buy merchandise with confidence. We do, however, recommend that you consider upgrading to the newest version of your browser. In almost all cases this will eliminate the error message.