It's been over a decade since Clean Run worked with doctors to scientifically test competition seesaws and identify contributing factors to the problem of board whip and flex. After several years of research and testing of multiple prototypes by an engineer, the Clip and Go Seesaw has solved the problem of board whip. The result is a seesaw that is not only engineered for excellent performance and handler convenience, but is engineered with your dog's safety in mind. The Clip and Go Seesaw provides a solid, safe, and consistent performance for all dogs, regardless of their size or height. Solid, predictable equipment makes unsure dogs better and confident dogs even faster.
The various agility organizations spell out in their regulations the size, shape, and drop rate for a seesaw. The Clip and Go Seesaw complies with these specifications and performs in the same manner as other seesaws until the plank hits the ground. At this point, all of the energy and force created as the plank hits has to go somewhere—that's why we typically see bases moving, boards bouncing dogs off or hitting dogs as they exit, etc. The base and plank of the Clip and Go Seesaw are specifically designed to handle this force and limit the flex, whip, and bounce back that can occur when the plank hits the ground.
The type of surface the Clip and Go Seesaw is used on can affect how much the plank may bounce. Most of our product testing has been on rubber-filled turf and soft matting with lots of rebound, both of which create a bit more bounce when the plank hits the ground than other surfaces. But as you can see from the demonstration video, even this is much less bounce than created by other seesaws. There will be less plank bounce when using the Clip and Go Seesaw on dirt or sand. The amount of bounce on natural grass will vary depending on how thick the grass is, and the amount of bounce on rubber flooring will change based on the density and thickness of the matting and the type of padding underneath it.
The speed that a seesaw plank falls is also very important. If it's too slow then the small dogs struggle to wait it out., but if it's too fast then it surprises dogs and returns too slowly to its ready position. The Clip and Go Seesaw is designed to fall at a consistent rate that is right in the middle. Your dog will not be startled by the plank's movement and it will not fall too slowly for small dogs. The drop rate of the Clip and Go Seesaw in the standard 3 lb.-weight test are very consistent: 1.6 to 1.9 seconds (well under the 3-second maximum allowed by the rules).
The Clip and Go Seesaw was designed to be used indoors and outdoors on any surface (turf, grass, dirt, matting, etc.). The speed-limiting cylinders feature a sealed unit design to protect them outdoors, and the telescoping guide tubes have enough clearance to allow for some dirt and dust. If they become extremely dirty, they can be easily disassembled and cleaned.
Note: We strongly recommend that you weight or anchor the seesaw base. This added weight is important for two reasons: 1) It adds stability as the dog loads on and exits the obstacle; you don't want the plank sliding at either end. 2) It holds down the base securely in order to get full advantage of the anti-whip features of the base. We recommend using two 30-lb. sand bags. The seesaw in the video includes the optional sand bag tray for added stability.
- Engineered rigid aluminum plank construction to eliminate board flex and whip.
- Speed-limiting, cushioning cylinders on base to reduce board whip and rebound (cylinders are sealed).
- Alumaskin/composite board top on plank to reduce noise.
- Nylon pivot bushings on base to reduce noise.
- Energy-absorbing foam underneath the grip pads on the descent side of plank to cushion impact.
- Grip pad on approach side of plank for more stability.
- Adjustable height from 14" to 24" at the fulcrum for training.
- Durable powder-coated steel frame.
- Wet-pour UV-stable rubber surface provides maximum traction and conforms to AAC, AKC, ASCA, CPE, UKI, and USDAA regulations.
- Plank detaches and bases folds for storage and transport.
- Works indoors and outdoors on any surface.
- Ships for FREE in the continental USA.
Seesaw Technical Specifications
- Plank size: 12" wide x 12' long
- Contact zones: 36" and 42" options
- Plank weight: 42 lbs.
- Base weight: 29 lbs.
- Drop rate in 3 lb.-weight test: 1.6 to 1.9 seconds
Choose Clip and Go... Because Safety Matters!
Available options to purchase separately:
- Weight tray: Aluminum tray clips on the base and creates the optimum area for placing tunnel bags to properly secure and stabilize the seesaw (shown in video).
- Target plate: Removable plate that attaches to the end of the plank for training to help teach the dog to drive to the end of the plank.
Important Shipping Notes:
- The Clip and Go Seesaw is shipped directly from the manufacturer in Michigan. The seesaw plank ships via ABF Freight and the base and hardware ships in a single box via Fedex Ground. This item cannot be expedited or shipped by other carriers. Any other items you order will be shipped separately from the Clean Run offices. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery for blue or purple seesaws, and at least 12 weeks for a custom color.
- If you are having the seesaw shipped to a residential address, there is an additional charge of $75 because ABF Freight charges more for a residential delivery. There is no extra charge if your seesaw plank is shipped to a commercial address or to the ABF Freight terminal nearest you. Commercial addresses are those defined by ABF as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate. The fact that a business is being operated from a location does not qualify it as a commercial address. Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a residential address.
- If you choose the residential or commercial delivery option, please supply us with a daytime phone number so that the freight company can contact you; someone must be present for the scheduled delivery of the plank. When your seesaw plank is shipped, you will be emailed a phone number to call to find out when the seesaw plank is scheduled for delivery.
- If you live in Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, or overseas, please email Clip and Go directly for a shipping quote to your location.
Purple (RH21) and blue (RH20) are the standard colors available for the seesaw. If you wish to have your seesaw rubberized in one of the other colors shown below, there is an additional $50 charge.
We strongly recommend (and many organizations require) that the contact zones be bright yellow and the remainder of the obstacle be a single color that contrasts well with bright yellow. For larger versions of these photos, click here.