Backyard Dogs Episode 2: Cues for Tunnels
Backyard Dogs Live is based on the same format as the longest running and most popular column in Clean Run magazine. It presents exercises that:
- Focus on specific skills
- Fit in a 40 ft. by 50 ft. space
- Require only 6 jumps, a tunnel, a table, and a set of 6 weave poles
- Provide varying levels of difficulty without any equipment changes
Besides the exercises, you get a video of Dudley Shumate training her own dogs on some of the sequences. She works her small dog and a bigger, long-striding dog. These are real-life real-time unrehearsed training sessions! Dudley explains what’s going right as well as what’s going wrong, and shares information on how to problem solve.
What's the focus of this episode?
Episode #2 focuses on drills that will allow you to work on your tunnel cueing skills. We tell our dogs how we want them to take jumps (going straight or turning) on course, but do we tell them how we want them to take tunnels? Being able to give your dog a cue dog before he enters a tunnel to tell him whether he is turning when he exits or going straight is an increasingly important skill for today's courses. It's even more important because of the physical disconnection that occurs during tunnel performance, something that isn't usually a factor with jumps. In these exercises, we will use a straight tunnel to work varying degrees of extension/collection and how to communicate appropriately with our dogs. Ideally, the same sorts of lines can be executed out of tunnels as over jumps.
What is included with your purchase?
- A PDF file that includes the exercise setups plus numbered sequences with instructions
- 3 training videos totalling 31 minutes
- Bonus: Individual Clean Run Course Designer 4 .AGL files for each exercise
- Bonus: A PDF file with obstacle plans for a simple PVC jumps and a table
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content; you can go back any time to watch the video and read the material
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.