Teaching Directionals: Left, Right & Turn
Author: Rachel Sanders
Running Time: 40 minutes
Release Date: 2012
Each chapter of the original Teaching Directionals DVD has been made into a "lesson" in one of our Learning Center classrooms, and each subchapter has been made into an activity for the appropriate lesson. This gives you a quick and easy way to find material that you want to go back and re-watch.
Your purchase includes:
- Access on mobile devices and your computer.
- Ability do download the files to your mobile device so you can use them offline while you're out training.
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content; you can go back any time to watch the videos.
Although the focus of our handling is usually to steer our dog around the course using consistent body language cues, there are situations when a verbal directional cue can be invaluable:
- If you are unable to use body language to change the dog's direction, such as when the dog is coming toward you during a gamble sequence or when you find yourself too far behind your dog and he cannot see your body cues.
- If you are late with a body cue that would have indicated a change of direction had it been timely, so the dog now needs a verbal cue to counter the fact that you’re out of position (he may be about to go off-course or incur a refusal).
Rachel's DVD will show you a simple technique for teaching a verbal Left and Right command as well as a Turn command. You will start out training on the flat, which is work that can be done even with young puppies, and then you will learn how to add obstacles to your training.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand courses, on-demand lessons, webinars, or streaming DVDs.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.
Rachel Sanders has been involved in agility since 1993. She has competed successfully at the national and international levels with her Border Collies and Jack Russell Terrier, winning USDAA Grand Prix and Steeplechase finals as well as spots on international agility teams. Currently she coaches agility at home in California and at seminars all over the US. She can be contacted through her website, fastforwarddogsports.com.