This pre-agility course is designed to be any dog’s or puppy’s foundation training for agility. The B.A.M. program accommodates both the experienced dog trainer and the newbie. The content has been built on Sandy’s 30 years of teaching and training and her love for dog training, especially agility training.
The three essential skills introduced in this course can be kept quite basic or developed into sophisticated combinations of handling cues. These three skills make up the acronym B.A.M:
- Boomerang: Go away from me and come back to me; builds value in both the send cue and recall.
- Anchor: Stay put until further instructions; feel brave and in control, building confidence and impulse control.
- ME: Moving with engagement or stay with me; stick by the leg I indicate while I am still, walking, running, or turning, and I will entertain you. Builds value in focus on the handler and being close.
All agility handling is based on these three concepts. All everyday training for any dog is based on these three concepts. So these skills will benefit your dog in and out of the agility ring.
You can start this self-study course whenever you like. It includes 6 lessons that you can complete at your own pace. There are no fixed deadlines or due dates.
What is included with your purchase?
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- No expiring content—you can go back any time to read and watch lessons. There is no time limit.
Puppies as young as 12 weeks can begin all the skills, but Sandy's seasoned agility dogs enjoy this work to keep their directional training skills sharp.
- 3 rubber livestock feeding pans (the 4-quart size is a good size for the average dog)
- An object for the dog to run around: a bar stool, tall traffic cone, jump stanchion, garbage can, or pop-up laundry basket. If you want to do advanced handling, you will need 3 (or more) of these objects.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.