Many dogs struggle with weave poles because they lack an understanding of the physical mechanics required to enter the poles: weight shift and lead change. As with any footwork, speed in the weave poles cannot be achieved until the dog has learned the physical pattern of how to use his feet, and how to maintain weight placement over his hips while powering forward.
Using a jumping grid with the weave poles allows us to make the job very clear to the dog and give him the opportunity to pattern the necessary footwork and weight shift. The grid enables the dog to meet the weave poles with his weight already rear-end loaded, leaving his shoulders free to begin their slalom through the poles
Learn about Susan Salo's weave pole grids and how you can use them to improve your dog's weave pole entries, speed, and consistency as well as incorporate them into your weave pole training for a new dog that is just learning weave poles.
What is included with your purchase?
- A 37-minute on-demand video which includes a lecture as well as Susan working on weave pole grids with different dogs.
- A PDF file that includes the grid setups as well as an explanation of the grids, how to set them up, and how to progress with your training. The training plan is set up in the same format as each grid included in the Susan Salo Jumping Grid Workbook.
- Access on mobile devices and your computer.
- Ability do download the files to your mobile device so you can use them offline while you're out training.
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content; you can go back any time to watch the video and read the material.
To do the weave pole gridwork, your dog should be able to perform the ladder grid #1 and the bend work foundation grid smoothly and consistently.
- See Straight-Line Equal-Distance Grid on the Foundation Jumping DVD or Ladder Grid #1 in the Jumping Grid Workbook.
- See Bend Work on the Foundation Jumping DVD or Bend Work Foundation Grid in the Jumping Grid Workbook.
These grids are also covered on Susan's Foundation Jumping DVD.
- 6 nonwinged jumps for the grid
- 6-12 weave poles
- 2 additional jumps
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.