Lots of people think that the goal of distance work is for the handler not to have to move much on course. But handler movement is just as important when you’re working your dog at a distance—whether it’s 20 feet away or 60 feet away—as it is for handlers who run next to their dogs. Even if you’re not moving a lot, every step can provide vital information to your dog, so make it count!
In "Just One More Step," you’ll learn about the power of movement when you're working your dog at a distance. You'll see why it’s important to keep moving (even if you're moving slowly) and learn how to determine the right amount of movement to keep your dog on course at a distance, whether during a gamble or as part of your regular course-running strategy.
This educational event is hosted by Brenna Fender with special guest instructor Amanda Nelson.
What is included with your purchase?
- A 64-minute video which includes lecture, analysis, commentary, demonstrations, and exercises for you and your dog.
- A PDF file with the exercise setups demonstrated in the video.
- Videos of 2 question and answer sessions during which Brenna and Amanda answered students' questions about the webinar.
- A PDF file of questions that were asked in the classroom and discussed during the week the original Webinar Plus was held.
- Access on mobile devices and your computer.
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content; you can go back any time to watch the video as well as watch the recorded version of the Q&A webinar and see a transcript of the chat box from the live broadcast.
Any handler can learn from this presentation regardless of training experience or dog skill level. You will progress through the exercises faster, however, if you have basic training skills and know how to motivate your dog, and especially if your dog already knows how to go around cones.
- To do the exercises as shown in this presentation, you will need 4 cones and 3 hoops. If you don't have cones, substitute any object that you can send your dog around: a stool, a stick-in-the-ground pole or fence post, etc. If you don't have hoops, you can substitute jumps.
- Toys and food motivators are also required to reward your dog.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.