Just like humans, dogs often lose muscle mass as they age and also after injuries and surgery. Myos Canine Muscle Formula is a groundbreaking supplement derived from fertilized egg yolks using a patented process which maintains the powerful and vital nutrients, and converts them into powder form, called Fortetropin. These unique egg yolks have complex molecules that have been clinically shown to increase muscle size and mass.
This is an ideal supplement if you need to build your dog's leg strength to improve his movement and his daily life, or aid your dog's recovery from an injury or surgery.
- Fortetropin is a unique bioactive composition derived from fertilized chicken egg yolks.
- The Myos patented process uses high pressure pasteurization and dehydration which preserves the biological integrity and bioactivity of nutrients in egg yolks.
- The Myos patented process yields a product that is free of harmful pathogens.
- Scientific research has shown that Fortetropin up regulates the muscle building pathway and down regulates the muscle destruction pathway which result in more lean muscle.
- Human clinical research has shown that Fortetropin promotes muscle growth and development.
- Research at Kansas State University has shown that Fortetropin helps minimize muscle loss while improving recovery after dogs undergo a common orthopedic surgical procedure.
Only one active ingredient and zero inactive ingredients! Made in the USA.
Packaging: 12.7 oz. pouch contains 120 scoops.
- 100 dogs participated in a clinical study at Kansas State University to determine the impact of Fortetropin® on recovery following surgery to repair torn ligaments in their limbs.
- 50 dogs received Fortetropin on a daily basis for 12 weeks.
- 50 dogs received a placebo on a daily basis for 12 weeks.
- Following surgery, the operated limb needs to be immobilized for several weeks and this typically leads to significant muscle loss.
Eight weeks after surgery, dogs that received Fortetropin experienced:
- Minimal loss in thigh circumference compared to the placebo group which experienced a significant decrease in thigh circumference.
- Improved weight-bearing capacity on the operated limb.
- Minimal change in myostatin levels while dogs in the placebo group experienced an increase in myostatin levels of ~10%. Myostatin is a protein that “puts the brakes” on the growth and development of muscle tissue.
A new research study that will examine the impact of Fortetropin on the quality of life and activity levels in geriatric dogs has recently been initiated.
|Dog's Size||Daily Amount|
|Small - up to 25 lbs.||1 scoop|
|Medium - 25-50 lbs.||2 scoops|
|Large - 50+ lbs.||4 scoops|