Myos Muscle & Joint Formula with Green Lipped Mussel - 6.98 oz.
Combining Fortetropin with green lipped mussel powder, Myos Canine Muscle & Joint formula is a groundbreaking canine supplement clinically proven to help build muscle and support canine joint health.
IMPROVED STRENGTH: Fortetropin provides nutrients from a patented process using fertilized egg yolks, and is a powerful muscle-building supplement perfect for improving leg strength and reducing pain and inflammation in dogs with muscle loss from aging, injury, or surgery. This proprietary advanced nutrition product has been proven in multiple veterinary clinical studies to build muscle and reduce muscle loss due to aging, injury, or surgery.
INCREASED MOBILITY: Green lipped mussel is a natural source of Omega 3 fatty acids and glucosamine chondroitin sulfate which supports joint health, movement, and flexibility, offering natural anti-inflammatory properties that may help associated joint pain.
CLINICALLY PROVEN: Research at Kansas State University has proven that Fortetropin minimizes muscle loss while improving recovery after dogs undergo common orthopedic surgical procedures. Countless positive testimonials as well as scientific research show that Fortetropin works, especially in building muscle and minimizing muscle atrophy.
SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN: Scientific research has proven that Fortetropin up-regulates the muscle building pathway and down-regulates the muscle destruction pathway which result in more lean muscle. Clinical research has shown that Fortetropin promotes muscle growth and development.
Made in the USA.
Packaging: 6.98 oz. (198g) canister contains 60 scoops.
- 100 dogs participated in a clinical study at Kansas State University to determine the impact of Fortetropin® on recovery following surgery to repair torn ligaments in their limbs.
- 50 dogs received Fortetropin on a daily basis for 12 weeks.
- 50 dogs received a placebo on a daily basis for 12 weeks.
- Following surgery, the operated limb needs to be immobilized for several weeks and this typically leads to significant muscle loss.
Eight weeks after surgery, dogs that received Fortetropin experienced:
- Minimal loss in thigh circumference compared to the placebo group which experienced a significant decrease in thigh circumference.
- Improved weight-bearing capacity on the operated limb.
- Minimal change in myostatin levels while dogs in the placebo group experienced an increase in myostatin levels of ~10%. Myostatin is a protein that “puts the brakes” on the growth and development of muscle tissue.
A new research study that will examine the impact of Fortetropin on the quality of life and activity levels in geriatric dogs has recently been initiated.
per 3.3g scoop (included)
Green Lipped Mussel: 300mg
|Dog's Size||Daily Amount|
|Small - up to 24 lbs.||1 scoop (3.3g) daily|
|Medium - 25-49 lbs.||2 scoops (6.6g) daily|
|Large - 50+ lbs.||4 scoops (13.2g) daily|