First Day of Course: Whenever you choose!
Course Length: 4 lessons that you can complete at your own pace. There are no fixed deadlines or due dates.
What if you could just grab a few fitness props, set them up in a small space, and be ready for your entire workout with one or more dogs? With platforms and balance (foam) pads, you don’t need to adjust inflation levels when you switch out dogs. You can work a senior dog, an advanced canine athlete, a family pet, or a puppy (with very limited repetitions), using the same equipment with simple setup and exercise adaptations. This saves you time and allows you to own minimal equipment if you have space or budget limitations. As your budget or space grows, you can add less stable fitness props to your canine gym and use these same exercises with the new props. This allows you to continue to advance your dog's workouts after class ends.
This course will teach you a variety of beneficial exercises and combinations to properly strengthen your dog's core, hind, and front end. These exercises will reduce the chance of injury, improve strength and flexibility, bolster coordination, enhance performance, and increase quality of life for your dog!
The exercises range from beginner to advanced level, with most falling in the intermediate to advanced level.
What is included with your purchase?
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content
You may want to brush up on these skills before you start the exercises:
- Value for front, rear, and all feet on equipment
- Lateral (sideways) walking (beginner level only)
- Reverse walking (one exercise requires reverse walking)
- Give a paw
- Nose touch hold OR chin touch hold
- Basic positional changes (sit, down, stand, tuck sit, fold-back down, etc.)
Equipment and space needed
- 2 balance (foam) pads: You may substitute one of the foam pads with a FitPAWS Balance Disc or Balance Ramp
- 1-2 platforms: Two is ideal, but you can modify exercises if you have only one. Your dog should be able to stand comfortably in a neutral position on the platform as well as lie down with his entire body on the platform (including the front feet but excluding his tail). You can use any suitable platform including the following: Aerobic bench with risers (you may substitute other things around the house for risers), KLIMB Dog Training Platform, or a contact board or travel plank. For toy breeds and senior dogs, you may use a folded towel or Flexiness Fitness SensiMat for your platform.
- FitPAWS Targets, spot markers, or cut up pieces of yoga mat to use as foot targets if needed or to prevent equipment from sliding
- 1-2 rolled up or folded large towels to add instability or elevation
- For a large dog, a training space that is 4-6 feet by 6-8 feet will work, but 6 feet by 12 feet is better.
Note: Substitutions will be recommended if you don’t have the equipment used in the videos. There are many possible equipment options and you may use something you have lying around your house.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.
Jasey is a Certified Canine Fitness Trainer. She teaches weekly group classes at a local vet clinic in Raleigh, North Carolina. She also owns and runs Day Fit Dogs, which provides canine fitness private lessons and seminar services.
Since 2004, Jasey has taught a variety of workshops, seminars, and classes on the following: Canine Fitness, Canine Swimming, Puppy, Canine Good Citizen/Family Pet, Advanced Family Pet, Rally, and Agility. In addition, Jasey has earned over 60 titles across four dogs in Dock Diving, Agility, Rally, CGC, and Trick Dog. Jasey advanced her canine fitness knowledge by being an active member of the Bobbie Lyons K9FITteam from 2018-2020. Jasey's Labrador Retriever and Australian Cattle Dog spend their time hiking, training, teaching classes, dock diving, herding, and/or doing agility.
"I enjoyed and benefited from all aspects of the Power up with Platforms and Pads online class with instructors Jasey Day and Turbo: the demo videos, written instruction, detailed teacher analysis, positive and constructive feedback, and teacher availability. I'm happy to have access to the course after it's over - there is enough material there for a lifetime of fun and new learning with my dog!" —Kim
"As a pet parent to two young labradors, I'm always looking for ways to minimize mobility issues in the future. Jasey Day's Platforms and Pads class is a great introduction into k-9 fitness. Jasey does a great job of breaking down the movements and teaching you the proper form. Jasey has a unique ability to explain the exercises so you and your dog can learn quickly. The class requires minimal equipment and space. I especially find myself going back to these classes on rainy days in order to exercise their bodies and their minds. I highly recommend this class." —C. Holt
“I took Jasey Day's Platforms & Pads online course after my dog had bilateral knee surgery and had approval (to do that activity) from my rehab vet. The program offered exercises to help with strength and coordination. My dog benefited from the class by continuing to strengthen his muscles as he ages. Thank you, Jasey!” —J.Y.
"There are many days where the weather does not permit play outside on the lawn, or when I do not want to play on the lawn. There are days when I want handler focus drills to be the primary goals of the day. These days are the days I use the Power Up skills we learned in class. It is really nice to have so many alternatives to rough play and I know that using Power Up is not hurting my dogs’ joints, but building strength. The lesson plans were well thought out, lots of examples were given, videos and written instructions were clear. —C.H. 2020 student with a senior dog and a young agillity dog