What if you could just grab a few fitness props, set them up in a small space, and be ready for your entire workout with one or more dogs? With platforms and balance (foam) pads, you don’t need to adjust inflation levels when you switch out dogs. You can work a senior dog, an advanced canine athlete, a family pet, or a puppy (with very limited repetitions), using the same equipment with simple setup and exercise adaptations. This saves you time and allows you to own minimal equipment if you have space or budget limitations. As your budget or space grows, you can add less stable fitness props to your canine gym and use these same exercises with the new props. This allows you to continue to advance your dog's workouts after class ends.
This course will teach you a variety of beneficial exercises and combinations to properly strengthen your dog's core, hind, and front end. These exercises will reduce the chance of injury, improve strength and flexibility, bolster coordination, enhance performance, and increase quality of life for your dog!
The exercises range from beginner to advanced level, with most falling in the intermediate to advanced level.
You can start this self-study course whenever you like. It includes 4 lessons that you can complete at your own pace. There are no fixed deadlines or due dates.
What is included with your purchase?
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content
You may want to brush up on these skills before you start the exercises:
- Value for front, rear, and all feet on equipment
- Lateral (sideways) walking (beginner level only)
- Reverse walking (one exercise requires reverse walking)
- Give a paw
- Nose touch hold OR chin touch hold
- Basic positional changes (sit, down, stand, tuck sit, fold-back down, etc.)
Equipment and space needed
- 2 balance (foam) pads: You may substitute one of the foam pads with a FitPAWS Balance Disc or Balance Ramp
- 1-2 platforms: Two is ideal, but you can modify exercises if you have only one. Your dog should be able to stand comfortably in a neutral position on the platform as well as lie down with his entire body on the platform (including the front feet but excluding his tail). You can use any suitable platform including the following: Aerobic bench with risers (you may substitute other things around the house for risers), KLIMB Dog Training Platform, or a contact board or travel plank. For toy breeds and senior dogs, you may use a folded towel or Flexiness Fitness SensiMat for your platform.
- FitPAWS Targets, spot markers, or cut up pieces of yoga mat to use as foot targets if needed or to prevent equipment from sliding
- 1-2 rolled up or folded large towels to add instability or elevation
- For a large dog, a training space that is 4-6 feet by 6-8 feet will work, but 6 feet by 12 feet is better.
Note: Substitutions will be recommended if you don’t have the equipment used in the videos. There are many possible equipment options and you may use something you have lying around your house.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.