Subtitle: Training Your Dog in Easy Steps for Pet, Sports, or Work
Author: Sue Ailsby
Length: 558 pages
Release Date: 2011
Experienced and novice trainers alike will benefit from Sue's decades of experience in competitive canine sports and service dog training. Sue is a master at communicating with dogs and people in ways both can understand. Her Training Levels manual will help you capture and keep your dog's willing participation in the training process. This two-volume manual was written for trainers who want a coherent, start-to-finish training plan. It's not specifically aimed at obedience competition, or agility, or tracking, or any other sport or job. It's aimed at producing a thinking dog that is a willing partner, eager to learn, happy to work, able to go into new situations and perform reliably, comfortable in public, a good traveller, and capable of giving full attention to the handler.
- What behaviors does a "professional" dog know that an "amateur" dog doesn't?
- What training do excellent pets, excellent sport dogs, and excellent working dogs have in common?
- What foundation behaviors will give a trained dog the enthusiasm and ability to earn a beginning title in any sport with a month of extra practice?
- How do you break these behaviors down into easily-trained pieces?
This amazing working manual clearly illustrates and explains the answers to these questions and will guide you in your search for better understanding of and a better bond with your canine companions. Sue breaks down the finished behaviors into small, achievable steps for you to work through, level by level.
Note: Both volumes of the printed version of Training Levels are included in this E-Book.
This E-Book is available in muliple formats. You will be able to choose which to download after you complete your purchase:
- EPUB: This file works on the Nook, iPad, iPhone, Droid phones and tablets, Sony Bookreader, and other e-reader devices.
- MOBI: This file works on the Kindle.
- PDF: This file can be read with Acrobat Reader on your computer or transferred to a reader that can use PDF files.
Please note that you must have an account in the Clean Run store to purchase and access the download. If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one when you check out. Once you have completed checkout, you can get your E-Book by going to your account download page, https://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=access.download. For instructions on how to download the file to your personal computer and then transfer it to your reading device, please go to How Do I Load My E-Book to My Reading Device?
My guiding plan for a new puppy
from Indiana on May 6, 2021
Based on what I've read so far, this will be my guidebook for training my new puppy when she arrives. Wonderfully clear instructions on using positive training for skills that build a well-rounded and companionable animal. My sole disappointment was that only the eBook was available, as I would have liked a physical copy. Overall 10/10
Was this review helpful to you?