Class has started, but it's not too late to join in! You will be able to see all of the lessons regardless of when you enroll.
This class will focus on training weave poles from basic through advanced skills. It is appropriate for all levels—from true beginners to competition-level dogs looking to proof skills or correct gaps in training. Lessons begin with an introduction to the weaves and build up to advanced skills and drills. Emphasis is on independence, reliability, speed, entries, exits, and discriminations. This is a 16-week course with 8 lessons so that you have sufficient time to get the work done. All of the lessons are released at once so you can work at your own speed.
Karen remarks, "Over the years, I have had many dogs, but I have found that my weave pole training has remained the same. There are many methods out there, but I feel if something is working, why change it? I have added additional challenges to my training over the years, but the methodology has remained consistent. I love the way my dogs weave and I love their independence. I love stepping to the line and not worrying about my dog making the weave pole entry or if he will stay in the poles as I run away. My goal is that you feel the same way after finishing this class."
Note: If you previously took this course and would like to repeat it (for example, work with another dog or work as a Premier student after being a Standard student), we offer a 40% discount. Please contact customer service for information on how to get the discount.
What is included with your registration?
- 8 lessons with written lectures and video instruction with 16 weeks to complete them (a new lesson is released every 2 weeks so you have sufficient time to work on the skills in each lesson)
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Ability to ask questions, participate in discussions, and watch all posted videos
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content; after the course ends, you won't be able to ask questions, but the content is still available to you
What additional items are included with a Premier registration?
- Ability to post videos of your dog working (as many as you like)
- Instructor feedback on video assignments
Dogs must be fully grown. Other than that, this class is appropriate for everyone from true beginners to competition-level dogs looking to proof skills or correct gaps in training.
Equipment and space needed
- 12 channel weave poles:* The channels are only recommended for the first few weeks, so if you do not have a set, consider borrowing them. After that, a standard set of weave poles will suffice. Stick-in-the-ground weave poles will also work.
- Weave pole guide wires: These are used for less than 3 weeks.
- 1 tunnel and 1 jump
- Toys, treats, and a great attitude!
*Note: We understand that there are handlers who are already trialing and would like to fill in the "gaps" in their weave pole training, but who didn't originally train with channel poles. While many people in this situation do get channel poles for the class, if you don't have access or don't want to do that, you can use the weave poles you have. For example, if you previously trained with 2x2s, you can start Lesson 1 with your 2x2s opened up slightly to help the dog. If the dog doesn't need that, you can keep the poles straight.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
We offer a 90% refund for the class if you request a cancellation at least 5 days before the class begins. There are no refunds once the course has started.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.