What happens in those early months when your pup is ready to learn and play, but they're too young to begin "real" contact training? Puppy Pre-Contacts is your answer!
In this 12-lesson self-study class, you'll learn essential training games that will give your pup a fabulous foundation for starting real contact training when it's time.
You’ll learn games that are applicable for running and stopped contacts, as well as games that work whether your pup is motivated by food, toys, or both. Each game includes a video discussion and demonstration, as well as a written description.
Your pup will learn
- Critical flatwork skills
- Plank acrobatics for developing balance, confidence, and safety on contacts
- Hind-end awareness and weight-shifting
- Motion "override" so that he understands to listen and respond to a cue even if you are moving
- Targeting with distractions
- Teeter foundations so he loves movement and sound
- Skills for building independence on contacts
- Running contact foundation chains
- Holding position on a plank
- Foundation "obstacle" discriminations
You can start the Tracy Sklenar self-study course whenever you like. It includes 12 lessons that you can complete at your own pace. There are no fixed deadlines or due dates.
What is included with your purchase?
- Access to all course materials on both mobile devices and your computer
- Downloadable content for off-line access when you're out training
- Keep what you buy—No expiring content
These games are appropriate for puppies 12 weeks and older.
A plank, wobble board, mat, and tunnel; however, all games can be adapted for the equipment you have available
20x20 or 30x30 space is ideal, but games can be modified to fit the space you have.
How do I access my Learning Center purchase?
After you complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal, you will receive 2 email confirmations: the first is a receipt acknowledging that your order has been received and the second email contains the link for your Clean Run Learning Center program. Just click on the link in the email to complete enrollment. If you already have a Learning Center account, then you will go directly to your educational program. If you do not, then you will enter your email address and a password to use for this Learning Center program and any future ones your purchase. Please be aware that this is a separate account you are establishing on https://cleanrunonline.com/home and it is not the same as your Clean Run website account (although you can use the same email and password for both accounts).
If you have a Clean Run website account, then you can also access your program at anytime by signing in at cleanrun.com and selecting Classes/Webinars from the My Account menu.
Please be aware that there are no refunds for on-demand/self-study courses, on-demand lessons, or webinars.
We suggest that you read the information provided carefully before making your purchase. If you have any questions about whether the content is right for you, please email us.